Upcoming Events (and Meet & Greets) at Dr. King
Published on 5/30/19
Dr King Elementary School
Don't miss these upcoming opportunities for students, families, and the broader community to meet with Dr. Chalwell, principal of the new school to be opened at Dr. King. He will be introduced to the Dr. King community as part of fun student and family focused activities. Most importantly, he will answer questions and provide information about the proposed changes to Dr. King Elementary School for the 2019-2020 School Year and about summer community engagement activities planned in July and August.
- June 7th @ 5:15pm (right before Daddy Daughter Dance at 6pm)
- June 12th @ 9:30am PTO/Community Engagement Team Meeting
- June 20th @ 9am – 3pm Dr. King Fun Day (presentations about the proposed changes at Dr. King for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held at 11am.)
- June 21st @ 11:15am (right before the Parkside 2 moving up ceremony) and at 1:45pm (right after the Parkside 1 moving up ceremony)
- June 25th @ 8:45am (right before the Kindergarten moving up and the Academic Excellence/Brag Tag Celebration at 9:30)
- July 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st @ 3pm-4pm Design Team Meetings – Where teacher, students, parents/guardians, and other community members collaborate in building the new Dr. King program together. Refreshments will be served.
- July 13th, 20th & 27th @ 11am-3pm Saturday Family Sports Saturday in the Dr. King Park
- August 7th, 14th, 21st @ 3pm-4pm Design Team Meetings Where teacher, students, parents/guardians, and other community members collaborate in building the new Dr. King program together. Refreshments will be served.
- August 24th @ 11am-3pm Back to School BBQ and Backpack Giveaway!