Purchasing Department - Vendor Information
Suzanne Slack, Chief Financial Officer
Kate Skahen, Comptroller
Andrew Trombley, Director, Onondaga County Division of Purchase
Don Carr, Purchasing Analyst
John Daws, Central Stores and Mail Manager
The Syracuse City School District and the Onondaga County Division of Purchase have entered into an Inter Municipal Agreement consolidating purchasing services effective July 1, 2015. The agreement provided for the transfer of personnel, function and services from the School District to the Onondaga County Division of Purchase. Below you will find the new contact information. All inquiries should now be directed to the Onondaga County Division of Purchase.
| Office Location and Mailing Address:
Division of Purchase
John H. Mulroy Civic Center, 13th Floor
421 Montgomery Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: (315) 435-3458
Fax: (315) 435-3424
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
| Ship to Address:
SCSD Bova Supply Center
1023 Erie Blvd. West
Syracuse, NY 13204
Bova Warehouse Contact:
Phone: (315) 435-4422
Fax: (315) 435-4002
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CLOSED ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
CALL BEFORE DELIVERING ON
ANNOUNCED SNOW DAYS
Onondaga County Division of Purchase Mission Statement: The Division of Purchase supports Onondaga County, City of Syracuse and Syracuse City School District operations by providing the right goods and services at the right time and at the right price and thereby providing quality service to its departmental customers and the residents of Onondaga County.
Welcome to the Onondaga County Division of Purchase website for the Syracuse City School District. This section is dedicated to assisting current and potential suppliers.
Purchase requests are made through the issuance of a formal Purchase Order. Orders should only be filled after a vendor receives a Purchase Order from the District. Payment for goods or services cannot be guaranteed unless a valid Purchase Order has been issued (with the exception of emergency situations).
The Purchase Order number should be included on all correspondence including packing slips, invoices, etc. to facilitate timely payment.
The District requires all vendors to submit a completed IRS Form W-9 "Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification" to the Purchasing Department before transacting business with a vendor. The form is available on the IRS website at: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
|Bid Opportunities and Registration
All bidding opportunities are posted on the Empire State Purchasing Group website at www.empirestatebidsystem.com.
Vendors and suppliers will need to register on the website and then will have access to bidding opportunities from the District as well as other local New York government agencies.
There is no charge for access to the website.
|Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
The District's standard purchase order terms and conditions are included on every purchase order issued. The standard terms and conditions are:
1. QUALITY. All material furnished on this order must be as specified and subject to our inspection and approval within a reasonable time after delivery at destination. Materials other than those specified in this order must not be substituted without written authority from Purchasing Agency. Material rejected will be returned at the vendor's risk and expense.
2. DELIVERY. All materials must be shipped to F.O.B. Destination. We pay no freight or express charges, except by previous arrangements indicated on the face of the purchase order. Delivery must actually be completed within the time stated on the purchase order, failing in which we reserve the right to cancel this order and purchase elsewhere charging excess cost to vendor.
3. PATENTS. It is agreed that goods ordered herewith shall comply with all Federal, State and local laws relative thereto and that you will define actions or claims brought and save harmless the City of Syracuse from loss, cost or damage by reason of actual or alleged infringements of letters patent.
4. TAXES. The City is exempt from NYS Sales, Excise and Transportation taxes.
5. CHANGES. Conditions or quantities on this order must not be changed by vendor. If not satisfactory, return with your comments to Onondaga County, Division of Purchase, John H. Mulroy Civic Center, 13th Floor, 421 Montgomery Street, Syracuse, New York 13202.
Contractor/Vendor agrees to comply with the provisions of General Municipal Law Sections 103a and 103b and State Finance Law Section 139B as enacted by Chapter 605 of the Laws of 1959 effective July 1, 1959, viz:
6. ASSIGNMENT. This Order may not be assigned or sublet except upon the prior written consent of the Purchaser.
7. INTEREST. In accepting this order, Vendor certifies that no member of the Common Council, Board of Education, or other officer or employee of the City is directly or indirectly interested in this transaction or any profit therefrom.
8. COMPLIANCE. In the event the performance of this order constitutes public work as defined in Article 8 of the Labor Law, the Contractor/Vendor shall be bound by all of the provisions of said Article 8, which shall be a part hereof and of the same force and effect as it set forth at length.
9. COMPENSATION. Contractor/Vendor shall comply with the requirements of the New York Workmen's Compensation Law, as amended, if applicable to the performance of the requirements of this order. Failure to so comply will render this order void.
10. APPAREL PURCHASES. In accepting this order, vendor certifies that the apparel was manufactured in compliance with all applicable labor and occupational safety laws, including but not limited to, child labor laws, wage and hour laws and workplace safety laws.
If prices will be higher than the pricing specified on the Purchase Order, prior approval must be obtained before delivering the goods or credit will be taken and payment will be made at the original price specified on the Purchase Order.
Contact the Buyer listed in the upper right hand corner of the Purchase Order to obtain approval for any price increases before shipping the goods.