CTE Program Vision, Mission, Values and Beliefs
Syracuse City School District Career and Technical Education exists to empower all students through innovative partnerships that build technical, academic, and professional leadership skills for college and career success.
Vision of SCSD CTE - Portrait of a Graduate
- Completed required academic competencies and technical skills
- Completed a sequence of 4 courses in a CTE pathway, and
- Completed all NYS HS graduation requirements, and
- Demonstrate mastery of all skills and readiness in the Employability Profile.
- Completed 60 or more hours of work-based learning experiences
- Participate in the following experiences: career coaching, workplace challenge, industry site visit, job shadow and have the opportunity to participate in curriculum-aligned community service, internship, or apprenticeship beyond 60 hours.
- Prepared for Postsecondary Learning
- Completion of a minimum of 6 hours of college credit; and/or
- Completion of one or more industry recognized certification; and/or
- Earn a degree or licensure prior to graduation
- Developed a post-graduate plan
- Completed a student portfolio that includes interest and aptitude surveys, career exploration, resume, applications, and college or career plan.
SCSD CTE Department Values and Beliefs
- All students can be successful in CTE pathways.
- Education is a community effort that occurs beyond the walls of the classroom.
- We value the diversity, creativity, individualism, and innovation of all learners (students and staff).
- All students must have access to equitable opportunities that align with their interests and aptitudes.
- All students have strengths that are valued by the community and the ability to impact change.
- We make learning fun through real work experiences that align with the curriculum.