Medical Assisting Advisory Council
The Certified Medical Assisting Program provides the essential knowledge students need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), as well as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
The Medical Assisting program provides a pathway to obtain a Medical Assistant Certification upon graduation from high school. The program provides information and skills common to all medical assistants, including the ability to take a patient’s history, prepare an examination room and assist physicians during examinations.
Advisory council members should have expertise in the medical assisting, nursing and related health professions.
Advisory Council Members:
- Dr. Frankie Quarles (Syracuse Community Health)
- Sherry Pearsall (Bryant & Stratton)
- Rosalind Vargo, CMA (AAMA)
- Rebecca Wright (Syracuse Community Health Center)
- Nanci Paparo (Syracuse Community Health Center)
- Karen Fabrizio (OCC)