Due to COVID-19, all schools in the Syracuse City School District are closed until April 14, 2020.
In response to COVID, Refugee & Immigrant Self-Empowerment - RISE has set up a 24/7 phone line to help connect refugees and immigrants with Limited English Proficiency to a RISE Case Manager in their preferred language for guidance and support. Our office also remains open during reduced hours of 10am-2pm or by appointment only.
RISE 24 Hour Emergency Phone Number: 315 - 214 - 4480
Follow prompts for language needed:
Press 1 for English/general inquiries
Press 2 for Nepali
Press 3 for French, Swahili, and Lingala
Press 4 for Somali
Press 5 for Kizigua
Press 6 for Karen and Burmese
Press 7 for Kinyarwandan, Kirundi
Press 8 for Arabic
At Home Learning:
- Change in Procedure!!! Starting Monday, March 30th, school will only be open on Mondays, Wednedays and Fridays from 10am-12pm for students to receive a free bagged breakfast and lunch. Enter through the doors on Park Ave.
- More information can be found at COVID 19 Meal Sites in our links.
- Schoolwork was sent home with all scholars who were in school on 3/13/20 and 3/16/20. Your child's teacher will be in contact with you regarding what your child can do to continue their learning at home during this time.
- The district has created additional work that can be accessed from home. Please visit SCSD Learning at Home in our links for resources.
- Learning Menus for each grade-level are posted in our links.
- Find videos about how to use Seesaw (Grades K-5) and Canvas (Grades 6-8) on the Frazer Frontier Community Connection Facebook Page in our links.
Grade-Level Specific Information:
Mrs. LaFrance goes live every day on her Facebook page. Check out her storytime! Find her and follow her on Facebook "Fun with Mrs. LaFrance"
Ms. Fasulo, Ms. Buonvecchio, and Ms. D'Orsogna are posting assignments on Seesaw and communicating with families with Class Dojo.
Ms. Peterson created a YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1718zWTS3k2QeP_rGVKZmw?), where she will post video lessons throughout the week. Please visit her page and SUBSCRIBE to get notificiations for new videos.
Mrs. Carter has a YouTube channel up and running https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu4tYu_viY9vbPvqNjCEzUg
Grades 3-5 Math
Ms. Medina has created a YouTube channel with math lessons https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrkPJxGzjdJXeOb8YSSHnw/
The 6th grade team has a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/843534962781464/?ref=share) where they will share information with families.
Ms. Blaskiewicz will be posting assignments on Castle Learning and Canvas, which can both be accessed on CLEVER.
Middle School Art
Mr. Kadick has assigned work on Canvas and has plenty of resources on his website http://FrazerArt.Weebly.com.
Please stay safe, wash your hands frequently, and do your best to stay at home during this time.
New Principal Feature: Meet Latrina Brumfield:
Tell us a little about yourself!
I’m a Syracuse native. I grew up on the east side and attended HW Smith, Levy and Nottingham. I’m married and have three children. I went to Le Moyne College, where I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with an education minor; Master’s in Special Education; and CAS. I enjoy spending time with my family, going to plays and traveling.
What is your favorite thing about Syracuse?
My favorite thing about Syracuse is ...
New School Year = New #SCSDPride!:
A new school year means new #SCSDPride! Staff throughout the Syracuse City School District have been sharing the reasons they love the SCSD, or the new and exciting things they are trying this school year. Check out a few of their responses below, and keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter accounts to see the latest points of #SCSDPride!
Frazer Pre-K-8 School
"After 34 plus years of teaching Kindergarten at Frazer, I thought I would try something different: flexible ...
| View more stories >>|