4942 S. Salina St.
Syracuse, NY 13205
Main Office: (315) 435-6416
Guidance Office: (315) 435-6417
Nurse's Office: (315) 435-5814
Fax: (315) 435-4880
7:50 AM-2:26 PM
MISSION: ELMS is a safe and welcoming community that fosters student achievement through an expeditionary process of inquiry, collaboration, and adventure.
ELMS' VISION: ELMS students will work effectively within a diverse setting to positively impact their school and community as “upstanders” rather than “bystanders” and demonstrate a strong desire to achieve in high school, college, and career.
6th Grade E-Night - Wednesday, June 6th / Longbranch Park at 6 pm. Students should arrive at 5:45 pm Download details
7th Grade E-Night - Thursday, May 31st at ELMS 5:30 - 7:30 pm. This is our "Day of Peace" Celebration
8th Grade E-Night - Thursday, June 14th at the War Memorial 6 pm - 7:30 pm.
SCSD Dress Code
Dear ELMS Families:
As the warm weather has arrived, we ask that students continue to follow the district dress code.
Personal Appearance. All students are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to dress appropriately for school and school functions. Students will not be required to dress in a fashion that would violate their religious or ethnic beliefs. Students and their parents/guardians have the primary responsibility for acceptable student dress and appearance. Teachers and all other district personnel should exemplify and reinforce acceptable student dress and help students develop an understanding of appropriate appearance in the school setting.
A student’s dress, grooming and appearance shall:
1. Be safe, appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
2. Exclude or reflect that extremely brief garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, plunging necklines (front and/or back), and see-through garments which are not appropriate. When concerning dresses, skirts and shorts: The length of a skirt, dress or shorts must be a minimum of half the distance between the fingertips and the top of the knee when the student’s hand is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
3. Ensure that underwear is completely covered with outer clothing; therefore, trousers will be at waist level.
4. Include footwear at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed.
5. Not include the wearing of hats or scarves/bandanas except for a medical or religious purpose.
6. Not include items that are vulgar, obscene, libelous or denigrate others on matters of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
7. Not promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
8. Not depict or suggest association with a gang/cult.
DISTRICT POLICY - DRESS CODE - CLICK HERE
SCSD Summer Reading Lists Now Available
Summer is a great time for reading! Help your child beat the Summer Slide by encouraging them to read all summer long. Research shows that reading just six books over the summer can keep a struggling reader from regressing . Check your local library for any possible summer programming and to help you find “just right” books for your child, encourage your child to read something every day even if it’s just a menu or other text you encounter in your daily routine, and read aloud to your child whenever you get the chance. See the links below for recommended book lists from the Association for Library Service to Children for great titles to explore!
Birth - PreK Reading List
K - 2 Reading List
3 - 5 Reading List
6 - 8 Reading List