Vision: We are a Technical Institute for the 21st Century.
Mission: To develop academically successful and socially responsible citizens who are fully prepared to take on the challenges of college and careers in the 21st Century.
- By the end of the 2018-19 school year, 90% of students in 2015 Cohort will graduate and the percent of graduates earning Advanced Designation will be at 20%.
- By the end of the 2018-19 school year, 75% of teachers will plan for student engagement utilizing a personalized learning lens, including such practices as flexible digital content, student trackers, self-reflection tools, targeted instruction resulting in increased student ownership and investment in learning. By the end of the school year teachers will include writing assignments in their unit plans with the end goal of increasing students' ability to write at grade level.
- By the end of the 2018-19 school year, 75% of teachers will implement student engagement practices utilizing a personalized learning lens, including such practices as flexible digital content, student trackers, self-reflection tools, targeted instruction resulting in increased student ownership and investment in learning. By the end of the school year 100% of students will improve their ability to write at grade level through regular writing assignments across content areas.
- By final survey administration, 75% of students will report positive responses in terms of school safety and a feeling of belonging on a school-developed survey.
- Increase reciprocal communication methods from 2017-18 School Year. Adjust the Family/Community Event Calendar and information nights schedule based on parent feedback by November. Evidence of communication will be reflected in the school calendar, postings on the website, emails, list serve, and Remind.
Smart Scholars Early College Program at ITC:
The Smart Scholars Early College Program is a partnership between institutions of higher education and public school districts to create Early College High Schools. Students are provided with the opportunity and preparation to accelerate the completion of their high school studies while simultaneously earning transferable college credits. For more information please visit our ITC Smart Scholars page
For the 2018-2019 school year, ITC Smart Scholars earned a total of 298 college credit hours on-campus at Onondaga Community College. This number increases to over 300 credit hours when combined with those earned through dual-enrollment courses offered at ITC in partnership with SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry and Syracuse University through Project Advance (SUPA).
Career and Technical Education:
Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs offered at ITC include Automotive Technology, Culinary Arts and Media Communications. To learn more about these programs, visit our CTE program homepage. ITC is also home to several Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) programs, including Electrical Technology and Mechanical Technology. To learn more about these programs, visit our ITC P-TECH page.
SCSD Students Celebrate Summer Graduation Ceremony:
Congratulations to the SCSD Class of 2019!
Students from Corcoran, Henninger, ITC, Nottingham and PSLA at Fowler celebrated their graduation at the summer commencement ceremony, held at SRC Arena at Onondaga Community College on August 20, 2019.
Don't miss these great photos from the ceremony by visiting our Flickr album!
| View more stories >>|