The mission of CTE is to empower all students through innovative partnerships that build technical, academic and professional leadership skills for college and career success.
The world is full of exciting job opportunities and SCSD connects you to them-- with the fundamentals, training, certification and hands-on experience you need to excel in your chosen career path.
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own salon or barber shop? Do you get "fired up" at the idea of owning a restaurant? How about playing a role in the fast-paced world of EMTs, Syracuse Police Officers or Syracuse Firefighters? Or maybe your dream is to be on-screen, hosting the evening news or ESPN? If you are interested in any of these exciting careers, the SCSD Career and Technical Education (CTE) program has exactly what you are looking for.
Currently, the Syracuse City School District Offers CTE programs in all 5 high schools. As a SCSD student, you can opt to attend the school that will give you the best CTE experience.
Students will also have the opportunity to obtain required, relevant industry-recognized certification. In addition, local professionals will provide you with hands-on instruction and experiences, while internships and mentorship programs will give you the opportunity to earn college credits!
The path to your dream career is waiting. Take the first step!
Explore our programs of study in:
- Automotive Technology - ITC
- Barbering - PSLA
- Computer Forensics - PSLA
- Construction Technology - Nottingham
- Cosmetology - PSLA
- Culinary Arts - ITC
- Cybersecurity - PSLA
- Unmanned Aerial Systems/Drone Technology - PSLA
- This program is currently offered, but approval as a NYS certified program is still in progress.
- Level 100 Curriculum
- Electrical Trades - PSLA
- Emergency Medical Technician - PSLA
- Fire Rescue - PSLA
- Forensic Science/Crime Scene Investigation - PSLA
- Geospatial Technology - PSLA
- Health Professions - Henninger
- Law Enforcement - PSLA
- Media Communications - ITC
- Medical Assisting - Henninger
- Natural Resources - Nottingham
- NJROTC - PSLA
- P-Tech Clinical Laboratory Technician - Henninger
- P-Tech Electrical Engineering - ITC
- P-Tech Health Information Technology/Medical Assisting - Henninger
- P-Tech Mechanical Engineering - ITC
- Pre-Engineering - Corcoran
- Pre-Engineering - Fowler
- Pre-Engineering - Henninger
- Pre-Engineering - ITC
- Pre-Engineering - Nottingham
- Urban Teacher Preparation Program - Corcoran
- Welding - Corcoran
|NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION|
The Syracuse City School District hereby advises students, parents, employees and the general public that it is committed to providing equal access to all categories of employment, programs and educational opportunities, including career and technical education opportunities, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, Native American ancestry/ethnicity, creed or religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or expression, disability or any other legally protected category under federal, state or local law. More info