At Huntington PK-8, all school community members are learners, leaders, and global citizens.
At Huntington PK-8 School, staff, students, parents, and community partners collaborate to create an educational experience where students feel safe, connected, and engaged in a positive, supportive learning environment. At Huntington PK-8, diversity is valued and respected, all staff and students strive for academic excellence, and are actively engaged in teaching and learning so students are better prepared for high school, college, and career. This is accomplished through :
- Supportive Relationships: we strive to create a culturally responsive environment that provides opportunities for all students and families to engage in the school community, to develop and sustain relationships characterized by respect and appreciation, and where academic and personal achievements are recognized and celebrated.
- Engaging Learning Environments: teachers provide rigorous, differentiated instruction ("meet students where they are") through innovative personalized learning opportunities, and design classroom environments that meet and support individual student needs.
- School Safety and Student Supervision: all staff establish clear and consistent expectations for behavior, and consistently teach and acknowledge positive behaviors.
- Restorative Practices: we promote personal and shared accountability through the use of restorative practices.
- Social and Emotional Supports and Interventions: staff implement school-wide initiatives and processes to meet students’ social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
The Huntington School Creed
I have a strong, positive attitude.
I respect myself and others.
I expect only the best because I am the best.
I demonstrate integrity through my learning and behavior each day.
Through my dynamic behavior and actions,
I develop good habits and avoid those things that can hinder me and others from doing our personal best.
I need the help of my family, teachers, and true friends to support me.
I have empathy for others and strive to bring out the best in myself
I believe in myself.
Positive attitude- Being confident and focusing on the positives rather than the negatives.
Respect- Treating others as you would want to be treated. Taking care of your property and the property of others.
Integrity- Doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
Determination- Showing persistence, effort, and responsibility.
Empathy- Showing concern for other people’s feelings.