Students attending Seymour Dual Language Academy will be empowered to use the academic, social, technological, and cultural skills developed at Seymour to meet the demands of a competitive global community.
The mission of Seymour Dual Language Academy is to develop our students’ academic, social, technological and cultural skills through excellence in teaching and challenging curriculum. We engage students in rigorous learning experiences aligned to Common Core Learning Standards.
Syracuse City School District Board of Education Policy states that students are to be neatly dressed and well groomed at all times. We want students to feel good about how they look. We expect parents to ensure that students come to school properly dressed and present their best selves. Certain styles of dress are considered to cause disruptions to the school day and will be addressed immediately. As it is impossible to include every fad or inappropriate item of clothing, the administration reserves the right to interpret the appropriateness of student dress.
Each student shall at all times during the school day:
- Be neatly groomed;
- Do not wear revealing garments such as very short shorts or skirts, tube tops, tank tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines (front and/or back), bare midriffs and sheer garments are not appropriate;
- Shorts must come down to the knees.
- Skirts must come down to the knees.
- Leggings must be worn under skirts.
- Pants must be worn around the waist and with belts.
- Safe footwear must be worn at all times (no flip flops or slides sandals);
- No sunglasses, hats or other headgear inside the school building except for a medical or religious purpose;
- No items containing words or insignia that are vulgar, obscene, libelous, or denigrate others on account of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability; and
- No items that promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
- Students are not permitted to wear pajama pants/sleepwear or slippers to school.
Individuals who violate the dress code shall be required to modify their appearance by covering or replacing the disruptive item with an acceptable item. Any student who refuses to do so shall be subject to parent contact and disciplinary action.
Repeated failure to comply with the dress code will constitute a parent conference and may lead to further disciplinary action.
Back to School Parent Engagement Tips:
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! As we work together in Building Our Future and helping to prepare our students for #SCSDSuccess, our families play a critical role. Here are some helpful tips from our school teachers and administrators on how parents and guardians can best become active partners in their children’s education.
TIP 1: Email is key when communicating with teachers
Since many teachers don’t have telephones in their classrooms, the best way for parents
Do You Have Back to School Questions? #SCSDCares:
WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME OUR STUDENTS & STAFF BACK TO SCHOOL FOR THE 2018 - 19 SCHOOL YEAR!
As with any new beginning, a new school year comes with questions and unknowns. To serve as a resource for families, several Syracuse City School District departments and offices have compiled their most frequently asked questions - with answers - relating to the back-to-school season. Please see below for these questions, separated by department. If you have ...
You're Invited; Kindergarten Information Sessions:
The Syracuse City School District is pleased to host a series of Kindergarten Information Sessions! If you are a city resident with a child who will be five years old by 12/1/18 (born between 12/2/12 and 12/1/13), you are invited to attend.
Information Sessions are an opportunity to meet the principal and school staff, tour a kindergarten classroom and learn about our Personalized Learning structure, discuss the kindergarten schedule, learn about school resources and Family Engagement practices ...
| View more stories >>|