**PLEASE CHECK THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION SECTION TO THE RIGHT FOR UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING AT HOME LEARNING AND RESOURCES THROUGHOUT THE CLOSURE.**
Students attending Seymour Dual Language Academy will be empowered to use the academic, social, technological, and cultural skills developed at Seymour to meet the demands of a competitive global community.
The mission of Seymour Dual Language Academy is to develop our students’ academic, social, technological and cultural skills through excellence in teaching and challenging curriculum. We engage students in rigorous learning experiences aligned to Common Core Learning Standards.
Syracuse City School District Board of Education Policy states that students are to be neatly dressed and well groomed at all times. We want students to feel good about how they look. We expect parents to ensure that students come to school properly dressed and present their best selves. Certain styles of dress are considered to cause disruptions to the school day and will be addressed immediately. As it is impossible to include every fad or inappropriate item of clothing, the administration reserves the right to interpret the appropriateness of student dress.
Each student shall at all times during the school day:
- Be neatly groomed;
- Do not wear revealing garments such as very short shorts or skirts, tube tops, tank tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines (front and/or back), bare midriffs and sheer garments are not appropriate;
- Shorts must come down to the knees.
- Skirts must come down to the knees.
- Leggings must be worn under skirts.
- Pants must be worn around the waist and with belts.
- Safe footwear must be worn at all times (no flip flops or slides sandals);
- No sunglasses, hats or other headgear inside the school building except for a medical or religious purpose;
- No items containing words or insignia that are vulgar, obscene, libelous, or denigrate others on account of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability; and
- No items that promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
- Students are not permitted to wear pajama pants/sleepwear or slippers to school.
Individuals who violate the dress code shall be required to modify their appearance by covering or replacing the disruptive item with an acceptable item. Any student who refuses to do so shall be subject to parent contact and disciplinary action.
Repeated failure to comply with the dress code will constitute a parent conference and may lead to further disciplinary action.
Looking Ahead: Click Here to Fill Out the Reopening Questionnaire:
Click Here to Fill Out the Questionnaire
As parents, it is your decision to have your PK-8th grade child have 100% virtual learning and not attend school in person. In an effort to best understand your plans for your child, we ask that you fill out this questionnaire and let us know what you plan to do this fall.
We have proposed a hybrid educational model for the 2020-21 school year. We feel this will allow us to open the school year in the safest way possible for all students, ...
Seymour Celebrates Diversity with Hispanic Heritage Celebration:
By Leana Landrian
Colors, flags and cultures: they were all celebrated in a recent event at Seymour Dual Language Academy. In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, students, families and staff enjoyed student song and dance performances.
Principal James Nieves said the event helped families and the community feel more connected.
"We have the opportunity to make connections with families, make them welcome to school and show them what we do here every ...
| View more stories >>|