**PLEASE CHECK THE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND DOWNLOADS SECTION TO THE RIGHT FOR UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING VIRTUAL LEARNING FOR THE 2020/21 SCHOOL YEAR**
Students attending Seymour Dual Language Academy will be empowered to use the academic, social, technological, and cultural skills developed at Seymour to meet the demands of a competitive global community.
The mission of Seymour Dual Language Academy is to develop our students’ academic, social, technological and cultural skills through excellence in teaching and challenging curriculum. We engage students in rigorous learning experiences aligned to Common Core Learning Standards.
Syracuse City School District Board of Education Policy states that students are to be neatly dressed and well groomed at all times. We want students to feel good about how they look. We expect parents to ensure that students come to school properly dressed and present their best selves. Certain styles of dress are considered to cause disruptions to the school day and will be addressed immediately. As it is impossible to include every fad or inappropriate item of clothing, the administration reserves the right to interpret the appropriateness of student dress.
Each student shall at all times during the school day:
- Be neatly groomed;
- Do not wear revealing garments such as very short shorts or skirts, tube tops, tank tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines (front and/or back), bare midriffs and sheer garments are not appropriate;
- Shorts must come down to the knees.
- Skirts must come down to the knees.
- Leggings must be worn under skirts.
- Pants must be worn around the waist and with belts.
- Safe footwear must be worn at all times (no flip flops or slides sandals);
- No sunglasses, hats or other headgear inside the school building except for a medical or religious purpose;
- No items containing words or insignia that are vulgar, obscene, libelous, or denigrate others on account of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability; and
- No items that promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
- Students are not permitted to wear pajama pants/sleepwear or slippers to school.
Individuals who violate the dress code shall be required to modify their appearance by covering or replacing the disruptive item with an acceptable item. Any student who refuses to do so shall be subject to parent contact and disciplinary action.
Repeated failure to comply with the dress code will constitute a parent conference and may lead to further disciplinary action.
SCSD to Resume Additional In-Person Learning Beginning April 12th:
On March 22, 2021, Superintendent Alicea presented a plan to the Board of Education that allows for students to return to school for more days of in-person learning. Both Onondaga County and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have provided guidance that decreases the recommended space between students from six feet to three feet. This change allows us the space to bring more students safely into each classroom.
Thanks to the great number of responses to our return-to-school ...
SCSD to Offer Spring Recess Meal Pickup on March 31st:
The SCSD Food & Nutrition Services Department will be offering a meal distribution over Spring Recess. Students may stop by any of the following sites on Wednesday, March 31 st from 9:30 am – 1 pm .
Nottingham (this site will be serving from 8:00 am – 1:15 pm)
Peoples AME Zion
PSLA at Fowler (this ...
Join Us For a Participatory Budget Virtual Community Meeting!:
The Syracuse City School District has awarded $5,000 for several school communities to spend through Participatory Budgeting (PB).
Please join us to learn what PB is and share your project ideas. Students and their families will vote to decide the winning project!
See below for dates, times and registration links.
Clary Middle School
Seymour Celebrates Diversity with Hispanic Heritage Celebration:
As you know, our school is in Governor Cuomo’s designated yellow zone and therefore we have to have 20% of staff and students tested weekly.
Seymour's first test will be Friday, November 20, 2020 starting at 8:30 am
Registration only for students who will be in school that day (Pod B and C students only)
Students who are 100% virtual do not have to register for the test)
If student who have been positive for Covid within the last 3 months, should not be tested.
| View more stories >>|