High School Mission Statement
The mission of New York State interscholastic athletic programs is to foster the quest for excellence by creating an educational and competitive experience within an atmosphere of sportsmanship. Successful programs develop individual and team potential by promoting high standards of competence, character, civility, and citizenship
Requirements for Participation
- Must be enrolled fulltime in the Syracuse City School District in Grades 9-12 until his/her nineteenth birthday. If the age of nineteen years is reached on or after July 1, the student may continue to participate during that year in all sports.
- Student-athletes are mandated by NY State Education Department to pass an annual physical examination. Recommended to be completed by own family physician. Copy of physicians report must be sent to the school nurse.
- SCSD Participation Physical Evaluation form needs to be completed, signed by parent/guardian, and signed by the school nurse.
- Authorization for Medical Treatment form should be completed, signed by parent/guardian, and submitted to the coach.
- SCSD Student/Athletic Behavior Code must be reviewed, signed by both parent/guardian and student-athlete, and submitted to the coach.
- All student-athletes are expected to be in good academic standing.