Welcome Back Clary Family! Welcome Letter and Supply List
Published on 8/19/19
Clary Middle School
Dear Clary Families,
I hope you are enjoying your summer vacation and spending a lot of quality time together. We are very excited about our “Clary scholars” returning to school in the Fall for a new and exciting school year. As we embark on a new year, we will be implementing instructional and academic goals as well as incorporate the Middle Years Programme (MYP/IB) that will provide students the necessary supports and rigor to be successful. Please read below for some of the new changes at Clary this year.
All students are expected to give proper attention to personal hygiene and are expected to dress appropriately for the school day and school functions. Please adhere to the following guidelines concerning dress:
- Clothing must be appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
- Garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, plunging necklines (front and/or back), and see-through garments are not appropriate. The length of dresses, skirts, and shorts must be a minimum of half the distance between the fingertips and the top of the knee when the student’s hand is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg. Legging style pants cannot be worn unless the article of clothing is at fingertip length.
- Please place pants at waist level to ensure that undergarments are not exposed.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed (e.g., dragging laces, high heels, slippers).
- The wearing of hats or scarves/bandanas except for a medical or religious purpose is not allowed
- Outdoor clothing (hats, gloves, coats, etc.) are to be placed in lockers prior to the start of your day. Coats, backpacks (including drawstring backpacks) are not allowed to be worn during the school day. The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
In addition, clothing should not display
- Items that are vulgar, obscene, or offensive on matters of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Promote and/or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
- Depict or suggest association with a gang/cult.
Students are required to change and participate in physical education. Please ensure that your child brings appropriate clothing for PE, as follows: shorts, sweatshirt, sweatpants, tank tops, sneakers, etc…
Locks are available for students to purchase for $3 and at the end of the school year, returned locks will be refunded $1. If you choose not to purchase a combination lock, you are welcome to supply your own.
On the first day of school students will receive a parent/student handbook, with enclosed dress code, cell phone and electronics policy along with other established policies at Clary. We ask that you please read and go over the policies with your child. It is our hope that our students are aware of the expectations and policies that we will request students to adhere to while attending Clary Middle School.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thursday, September 5, 2019
NEWLY UPDATED SCHOOL HOURS
School Hours: 7:50am-3:10pm
Doors will open at 7:20am for breakfast.
We have scheduled the 6th, 7th, and 8thgrade Orientation:
- 6thgrade – August 19th from 9am-12noon
- 7thand 8thgrade – August 19th from 1pm-2pm
- Please see the attached supply list for this upcoming school year
If you ever need to reach any of our staff member at CMS, you can log onto the SCSD Website and click Clary Middle School to find our staff’s contact information. You may also contact our main office at 315-435-4411.
If you are interested in participating in PTO, please contact Ms. Greene in the main office. Again, I am excited to begin the school year with all of you and look forward to seeing you soon. Have a safe and restful summer vacation.
CLARY MIDDLE SCHOOL
We are requesting that parents purchase the following supplies for all students attending Clary Middle Schoolfor the 2019-2020school year.
· White lined paper
· Pens (blue/black)
· One3 inch, 3 Ring Binder
· Pocket Folders
· Three hole zipper pouch to hold pens, pencils, etc.
· Combination Lock (Gymnasium Locker Room)
An agenda planner will be given to every student that attends Clary Middle Schoolthe first week of school.