Please Review this Important Information Regarding our Upcoming 2021-22 School Year.
Published on 8/20/21
Huntington K-8 School
School-Wide Areas of Focus
Culturally Relevant Education
AVID—Advancement Via Individual Determination
Tour of Huntington
Students and families are invited to tour the newly renovated Huntington on Tuesday, September 7th. Tour times will be 2:00pm-3:00pm and 4:30pm-5:30pm. This will be a time to tour the building to see our newly renovated learning space. Families will be able to engage with teachers during our family Open House on September 23rd, 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Please save the date for Huntington’s Open House on Thursday, September 23rd, 5:00pm-7:00pm. This will be a chance to meet your child’s teachers and receive information on classroom expectations, grading policies, important dates, etc.
Student Dress Code
- All students are expected to wear a mask upon entering a school bus and the school building. Wearing a mask is mandatory throughout the school day and must be worn by all students at all times.
- Please adhere to the following guidelines concerning dress:
- Clothing must be appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
- Garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, plunging necklines (front and/or back), and see-through garments are not appropriate and should not be worn in school.
- The length of dresses, skirts, and shorts must be a minimum of half the distance between the fingertips and the top of the knee when the student’s hand is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
- Items that are vulgar, obscene, or offensive on matters of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability are not permitted.
- Clothing should not display, endorse, or suggest the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
- Clothing should not display, endorse, or suggest association with a gang/cult.
- Please place pants at waist level to ensure that undergarments are not exposed.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed (e.g., dragging laces, high heels, slippers).
- The wearing of hats or scarves/bandanas except for a medical or religious purpose is not allowed.
- Outdoor clothing (e.g., hats, gloves, coats, etc.) are to be placed in lockers prior to the start of the school day (locker distribution will depend on Health and Safety Guidelines as it relates to COVID-19).
- Coats, backpacks (including drawstring backpacks) are not permitted to be worn during the school day. The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Student Supply List 2021-2022
Please view the student supply list on our Facebook page at: https://facebook.com/HuntingtonSCSD/.
Please feel free to drop-off supplies prior to the opening school during our evening of Tour of Huntington.