Special Education Forms and Resources
- New York State Education Department Procedural Safeguard Notice English
- New York State Education Department Procedural Safeguard Notice Spanish
- Special Education Regulations of the Commissioner of Education - Parts 200 and 201
- Special Education Departmental Review Executive Summary Presentation
- Special Education Departmental Review Presentation
- Medicaid Reporting and Compliance
If you suspect fraud, abuse or waste in Medicaid Claims made by, or in connection with, the Syracuse City School District we encourage you to report them to Medicaid Compliance Officer, Dean DeSantis. Examples of Medicaid fraud include: billing for services not performed, providing unnecessary services, billing for more expensive services, billing for services separately that should legitimately be one billing, billing more than once for the same medical service, dispensing generic drugs but billing for brand name drugs.
You can reach Mr. DeSantis at his confidential phone 315.435.4161, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail:
SCSD Central Offices
1025 Erie Blvd. West
Syracuse, NY 13204.
There is also a toll free New York State Medicaid Hotline which you can call at 1.877.87.FRAUD. This hotline is set up solely for the purpose of providing employees, service providers, parents and the general public an opportunity to confidentially report any suspected wrongdoing of Medicaid billing by the district. All calls are anonymous and upon receipt of a report an investigation will be initiated immediately.