NEW UNIFORM POLICY
Clary Middle School
All students are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness, and are to dress appropriately for the school day and school functions. All clothing must be worn modestly. Please adhere to the following guidelines concerning dress:
- Clothing must be appropriate and not disrupt or interfere with the educational process.
- Garments must not be torn, tattered, frayed, or cut.
- Garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, muscle shirts, plunging necklines (front and/or back), and see-through garments are not appropriate. For any top with straps, the straps should be at least two fingers in width or thickness. The length of dresses, skirts, and shorts must be a minimum of fingertip length when the student’s arm is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg. Jeans are acceptable if they are free of large rips and tears.
- Legging style pants must not be transparent. If leggings are worn, they must be worn with an appropriate top that reaches fingertip length when the student’s arm is fully extended down the side of the student’s leg.
- Please place pants at waist level to ensure that undergarments are not exposed.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Footwear that is a safety hazard will not be allowed (e.g., dragging laces, slippers, etc.).
- Wearing hats or scarves, or bandanas during the academic day, except for a medical or religious purpose, is not allowed.
- Outdoor clothing (hats, gloves, coats, etc.) are to be placed in lockers prior to the start of your day. Coats, backpacks (including drawstring backpacks) are not allowed to be worn during the school day. The school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.