Extended Learning Time
|Extended Learning Time schools support:
These three components make our programs strong:
- Rigorous Academics
- Differentiated Supports
- Enhanced School Culture
- Focused School-Wide Goals
- Targeted Teacher Development
- Engaging Enrichment
- Data Analysis
SCSD students have said that ELT enrichment time helps them think about college and careers, set goals, try new things, think about their future, stay in school and more. They say that the enrichment time helps them do better in school, try harder, get along better with classmates and teachers, improve grades, spend more time doing homework and even care more about school.
- Enrichment activities for all students that allow them to experience new situations and deepen a passion in an area of Arts or Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) in a nontraditional classroom setting that utilizes multiple intelligence modalities.
- Common collaborative planning and professional development component for Syracuse City School District teachers. This allows SCSD staff the necessary time to critique data and make decisions that will impact each student’s learning.
- An emphasis on social-emotional skill development for each student is part of the program and provides for growth toward graduating responsible, engaged and successful citizens.
Click the appropriate school below to learn more about our four ELT partner organizations and the work they are doing!