Applying to ELMS
The 2020-21 application process has ended.
Accepted students have been notified and have accepted their seat
NEXT APPLICATION PROCESS
All students must apply through the online application.
Online Submission for eligible students entering 6th grade in September 2021 is February - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
CRITERIA TO APPLY TO ELMS
Based on a variety of academic and socio-emotional factors.
- Student must be a resident of the City of Syracuse.
- Student must be a current 5th grader entering 6th grade in September 2020.
- Successful completion of online application.
Student demonstrates one or more of the following :
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
- An interest in being involved in project-based learning opportunities and working in small groups with peers.
- Have other challenges or concerns that put the student at-risk for low academic performance or social isolation.
Successfully participate in an interview.
Middle School Choice Information sessions - CLICK HERE
SMART CHOICE APPLICATION PROCESS - EVERYONE CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Please read all of the detailed instructions on that page. Most questions can be answered on those pages.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES AND TIMELINE FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS - CLICK HERE