Applying to ELMS
All students must apply through the online application. Online Submission for eligible students entering 6th grade in September 2018 is February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
CLICK HERE You should read all of the information on that page before you begin the application.
After you apply online be sure that you recieve a confirmation email. Print or save that confirmation email.
Criteria to Apply to ELMS
Based on a variety of academic and socio-emotional factors.
- Student must be a resident of the City of Syracuse.
- Student must be a current 5th grader entering 6th grade in September 2018.
- Successful completion of online application.
Student demonstrates one or more of the following :
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
- An interest in being involved in project-based learning opportunities and working in small groups with peers.
- Have other challenges or concerns that put the student at-risk for low academic performance or social isolation.
Successfully participate in an interview.