If you are new to the City of Syracuse, looking to register your child in the Syracuse City School District for the first time, or maybe even returning to the district, you have come to the right place. All new and returning students must register through our Student Registration Center.|
You can enroll your child in the Syracuse City School District in just a few easy steps.
- Enroll online. Go to https://enrollonline.scsd.us/. You can upload, fax or bring the required documentation listed below directly to the Registration Center, 1728 South Avenue, Syracuse, New York.
- Visit the Student Registration Center and bring the required documents with you.
|2014-15 Pre-Kindergarten Registration
If you are a resident of the City of Syracuse and your child was born between 12/2/09 and 12/1/10 we invite you to register them for our 4-year old program, and if they were born between 12/2/10 and 12/1/11 they are eligible to enroll in our 3-year old program. If your child is not currently enrolled in the Syracuse City School District, you must complete a registration application. You may apply online at https://enrollonline.scsd.us/ or visit the Student Registration Center. Please refer to the Student Registration Information section of this webpage.
|2014-15 Kindergarten Registration
If you are a resident of the City of Syracuse and your child was born between 12/2/08 and 12/1/09 we invite you to register them for kindergarten. If your child is not currently enrolled in the Syracuse City School District, you must complete a registration application. You may apply online at https://enrollonline.scsd.us/ or visit the Student Registration Center. Please refer to the Student Registration Information section of this webpage.
Please confirm that your child will be attending kindergarten in the Syracuse City School District in September 2014. You must confirm their attendance by clicking and completing the Kindergarten Enrollment Confirmation Form https://syracuse1.wufoo.com/forms/w1jt01230tliqaz/ by May 31, 2014.
1. Proof of Residency
The Syracuse City School District requests submission of two proofs of residency to establish that the parent or guardian and the child reside in the City of Syracuse. Documentation of residency includes, but is not limited to the following:
(1) copy of a lease, deed or mortgage statement;
(2) a statement by a landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent or guardian leases or shares property within the district;
(3) pay stub;
(4) income tax form;
(5) utility or other bills;
(6) voter registration document(s);
(7) official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
(8) state or other government issued identification;
(9) documents issued by federal, state or local agencies;
(10) judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; or
(11) other documentation that provides proof of address and establishes residency.
2. Proof of Age
The Syracuse City School District requires that each parent, guardian or child, where applicable, provide proof of age for the purpose of enrolling in school. This includes, but is not limited to:
(1) a certified birth certificate;
(2) a certified record of baptismal;
(3) a passport;
(4) an I-94/Resident Card; or
(5) other documentation in existence two years or more which establishes the child’s age.
3. Health Records
In accordance with Public Health Law, the Syracuse City School District requires copies of the following:
(1) Physical Exam (within one year of scheduled start date) or a copy of the upcoming appointment card/letter from your child’s physician; and
(2) Immunizations Records (signed by a physician or clinical staff)
4. Academic and Special Education Records, if applicable
The Syracuse City School District requests submission of the latest report card or transcripts for children entering grades 1 through 12. A current Individualized Education Program (IEP) should be submitted for all children who receive special education services. This enables the district to ensure appropriate grade level placement, and the provision of services and supports to meet the individualized needs of each child.
If this information is not available at the time of registration, the district will request records from the previous school of enrollment.
For your convenience we have made the registration forms available for you to download. Please click and print the registration forms below. You can bring the completed forms to the Registration Center to complete the registration process.